26 Aug Book Review: Paleo Mug Muffins by Heather Resler
Today, I am doing my very first book review! And what a better first book to review than one by my new friend, Heather Resler, of Cook It Up Paleo
On September first, 2015, she will release her new ebook, Paleo Mug Muffins!!! You guys are gonna love it! Each recipe makes a personal-size muffin that’s made of one hundred percent real food ingredients; all gluten-, grain-, and dairy-free. And, many of the muffin recipes are nut-free! She really poured tons of creativity into this book.
I mean, a whole book dedicated solely to mug muffins?
All of the pictures in this ebook are beautiful, each recipe mouth-watering, just waiting to be devoured. And, the greatest part of the whole book? Each recipe takes only a few minutes of prepping, and only one or two minutes of cooking time! All the muffins are baked in the microwave, which makes it soooo easy!
Not only are there many sweet muffins, but many savory ones, too! I can’t wait to make the Avocado Bread and the Bacon-Cheddar Muffin. Really, all of the recipes look amazing.
To download the ebook, just click on the link right here
Now, since I know you can’t wait until the book releases, I am sharing one of my favorite recipes from it, today!! It was so fun to make this mug muffin after school today, photograph it, and then wolf it down! This recipe is for a Dark Chocolate Cake mug muffin. It tasted really rich and chocolate-y, and it was like a mild chocolate soufflé. I enjoyed mine with a dollop of whipped coconut cream. Divine! So, enjoy this recipe, and make sure to download her ebook here
Double Chocolate Cake Mug Muffin
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 squares dark chocolate (about 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped), melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Pinch baking soda
- Whisk the egg with the egg white in a small bowl. Whisk in the dark chocolate. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop into a large coffee cup or small ramekin and microwave on HIGH (100 percent power) for 90 seconds, or until cooked through.
- • Nut Free • Indulgent but delicious!
Goodies Against The Grain http://goodiesagainstthegrain.com/