It’s December, “The Most Wonderful Time Of the Year”! Yay! Time for my favorite treats ever. I have just returned from an incredible Thanksgiving trip to Mexico with my family and another awesome family, great friends of ours. I took a little break off baking over the vacation, but now I am back, and with lots of scrumptious goodies for all of you to devour this holiday season!
First up for this season is a refreshing and decadent peppermint pattie recipe. These cute little guys are super simple to make, super delicious, and sure to please all party hostesses greatly!
Melt-In-Your-Mouth Peppermint Patties
A refreshing and decadent peppermint pattie recipe
- ½ cup coconut manna/butter, melted*
- ½ cup coconut oil (not melted)
- 2 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1-2¼ tsp peppermint extract**
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Place the melted coconut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and peppermint extract in a medium mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Form the coconut mixture into balls (about 1" sized) with your hands, then flatten into patties with the palm of your hand.
- Place patties on a parchment paper-lined plate, then place in the freezer to harden for 30-60 minutes.
- While patties are freezing, melt your chocolate in a double boiler or a small saucepan over low heat.
- Place each frozen pattie on a spoon and dunk in the melted chocolate.
- Put each chocolate-covered pattie back on the lined plate, and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Remove patties from the freezer at least 5 minutes before eating, and enjoy!
- *To melt your coconut manna, place the (tightly closed) jar in a bowl of hot water for 5-15 minutes, then stir and use.
- **The amount of peppermint extract needed depends on the quality of the extract; the brand I used wasn’t strong, so I had to use a lot. If your extract is strong, start with using just ½ a teaspoon, then add more to your liking.
Goodies Against The Grain http://goodiesagainstthegrain.com/