Here in SoCal, it’s currently pouring rain! This sweet + spicy mousse is sure to warm your heart on a cold day like this.
It is a light and fluffy dessert with flavors of spice, sweetness, and best of all, chocolate!!! This mousse is super simple to make: it only takes ten minutes! The rest is just chilling time. Also, it is vegan, raw, and paleo. I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Mousse
This sweet + spicy mousse is sure to warm your heart
- The thick coconut cream from 2 13.5 oz. cans coconut milk**
- 3 Tbs maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 5 Tbs raw cacao powder
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 pinches cayenne pepper (to taste!)
- 4 Tbs cacao nibs, optional (for topping)
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk using an electric hand mixer until smooth and whipped. It's alright if there are some tiny lumps of cacao 😉
- Scoop the mousse into a glass dish, cover, and place in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Spoon the chilled mousse into little dishes, and serve! Top with cacao nibs, if desired.
- **The coconut cream comes from a can of full-fat coconut milk. Refrigerate the can overnight, then open it. Scoop off the hard, solid top layer, to use. Discard the clear liquid at the bottom.
Goodies Against The Grain http://goodiesagainstthegrain.com/