These crispy biscotti have warm, pumpkin-y notes, and rich, chocolate-y highlights. They are incredible dunked in a warm drink, or just on their own! Ciao!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbs arrowroot powder/flour/starch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 3 Tbs organic pumpkin puree
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, pulse together the almond flour, arrowroot powder/flour, spice, and baking soda.
- Pulse in the honey, pumpkin, and egg yolk until the mixture is thoroughly combined, and it forms somewhat of a sticky ball.
- Remove the blade from the food processor, scoop all the dough out of it, and transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Work the chocolate chips into the dough with your hands, then form it into a ball.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on your counter and cut four flaps on it, one on each corner.
- Transfer the ball of dough onto the parchment paper, then place another piece of parchment paper on top of the ball. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it's about 1/2 an inch thick, or would fit a 8x8 inch baking dish well.
- Remove the top piece of paper and, with the bottom piece still on the dough, place the rolled-out dough rectangle in an 8x8 or 81/2x8 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-28 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, and let it cool for 1-2 hours. While it's cooling, turn the oven down to 275 degrees.
- Carefully remove the "giant cookie" from the dish by pulling up on the parchment flaps, then place it on a wooden chopping block. Using a sharp knife, cut the biscotti lengthwise, into 7 long pieces, or 14 short.
- Transfer the biscotti pieces onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake the biscotti for 10 minutes. While the biscotti is still in the oven, turn it up to 300 degrees and bake for 25 more minutes.
- Let the biscotti cool for 1 hour, then take a piece, dunk it in a hot drink, and enjoy!
Goodies Against The Grain http://goodiesagainstthegrain.com/