These coconut macaroons are a classic- but with a twist! A mild strawberry flavor pops through, followed by the nutty coconut flavor. They are seriously delicious.
Also, they would be perfect to make for Passover.
Guess what?! It only takes about ten minutes to make these, then only twenty-five minutes of bake time. That means you can have these macaroons in your mouth in thirty-five minutes. Ready, set, GO!
Strawberry Coconut Macaroons
- 5 egg whites
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 ½ cups freeze-dried strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup pure maple sugar*
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of your mixer. Whip on high until stiff peaks form and egg whites become white and fluffy.
- Gently fold in the coconut, freeze-dried strawberries, maple sugar, and honey.
- Using a cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet. Make sure to pack the dough firmly into the scoop, before dropping onto the sheet.
- Bake the macaroons for 25 minutes. Let cool fully before serving.
- *You can replace the maple sugar with equal amounts of coconut sugar, but the macaroons will be darker in color and stronger in coconut flavor 🙂
Goodies Against The Grain http://goodiesagainstthegrain.com/