We all love chocolate cake donuts. But chocolate cake donuts covered in natural pink and blue glaze? YES PLEASE!
For today’s recipe, I teamed up with the über-talented Jade Pettyjohn. We got together and made these delicious donuts in a video for you! Click HERE to watch the video my brother Jackie Radinsky made.
Unicorn Cake Donuts (With Video!)
Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 6 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut milk, liquid
- 1¾ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup Tbs tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk, melted
- 1 cup coconut butter/manna, melted
- 5 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ tsp beet powder
- ½ cup crushed freeze-dried strawberries, seeds strained out
- ½ tsp e3Live blue majik
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the wet. Mix the dry into the wet, and stir until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into a plastic baggie and snip off the tip. Pipe the batter into the donut pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then let them cool while you make the glaze.
- In a high-speed blender, whiz together the coconut milk, coconut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
- Pour one-third of the glaze into a bowl, and stir in the blue majik.
- To the rest of the glaze, blend in the beet powder and strawberry. Pour into a bowl.
- Dunk the cooled donuts into the pink glaze, then drizzle on the blue glaze. Enjoy!
Goodies Against The Grain http://goodiesagainstthegrain.com/