Each and every day.
These cookies are bold and bright, perfect to warm you and your heart on these cold winter nights! They have a crispy outside, and a soft inside. The pleasant gingerbread notes enter your mouth, then followed by a light orange touch. I know that if you gave these cookies to Santa and Rudolf, they would enjoy them thoroughly!
Gingerbread-Orange Spice cookies
These cookies are bold and bright, perfect to warm you and your heart on these cold winter nights!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened (or butter)
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbs coconut sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons black strap molasses
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Scant ¼ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ tsp baking soda
- In a stand mixer, (or an electric mixer and a large bowl) cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Add the egg, and mix until combined. Mix in the vanilla, molasses, and orange zest. Beat until combined. It’s alright if it’s a little lumpy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, spices, and baking soda.
- Mix the dry into the wet. Beat until smooth.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees .
- Roll the dough into balls about the size of a tablespoon, or a walnut in it's shell. Place the balls (there should be about twenty) on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Slightly flatten out each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, then devour!!
Goodies Against The Grain https://goodiesagainstthegrain.com/