Halloween… Easter… school lunches… snacks… breakfasts… Okay, maybe a little too far on the “breakfasts” part of it, but still: these gummy bears are full of protein, yumminess, and there’s no added sugar! According to Jackie, “They are full of delicious flavor, and have an incredible gummy texture… even better than the real thing!”
Healthy Homemade Gummy Bears
With No Artificial Anything
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup berries (I like to use frozen, then defrosted berries)
- 3 Tbs berry juice concentrate-found at most health food stores (I used cherry juice concentrate)
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp liquid stevia (or your sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbs) unflavored gelatin
- In a high speed blender, puree the water, berries, stevia, and berry juice concentrate until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a medium/large saucepan, and turn the stove onto medium heat.
- Let it simmer (almost to a boil, but not quite!) for about a minute, then remove it from the heat.
- Using a whisk, whisk in the lemon juice, then, VERY SLOWLY, whisk in the gelatin until there are no lumps. It may take a while, but trust me, you'll be happy when your gummy bears aren't full of gelatin lumps!
- Let the mixture cool to almost room temperature, then pour it into your gummy bear (or other) molds, or a greased baking dish.
- Refrigerate your molds for a minimum of 2 hours to set.
- Remove the gummy bears from the molds, and serve!
- Store the gummies in the fridge.
Goodies Against The Grain https://goodiesagainstthegrain.com/