The air is becoming cool, crisp; the houses are lit up with Christmas merriment; the trees shine brightly through all the windows; cheery music is in the air. It’s time to bake cookies. Warm, crispy, salty-sweet Christmas cookies that can be devoured by your whole family by the cozy fireplace. That’s December to me, and these cookies really bring that vision to life.
Paleo Christmas Cookie Cut-Outs
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 Tbs coconut flour
- 1 large pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Using an electric mixer or a large bowl and a spoon, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Stir in the vanilla, coconut oil, and syrup, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- With a rolling pin, roll the cookie dough out on a parchment paper-lined surface until it’s about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using your favorite, most adorable cookie cutters, cut out your dough, then place the shapes on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, then cool the cookies and serve.
Goodies Against The Grain https://goodiesagainstthegrain.com/