Pumpkin Cake Donuts
Long time no see, everyone! Today I’ve got some really special news and a new recipe to share with you.
As you may have noticed, I haven’t been very active over here lately. I just started high school! It’s amazing,
but it does make me very busy. I apologize for my absence, and hope I can make up for it with… A magazine article?
Pumpkin donuts? How about both?!
Yup, that’s right. I wrote a column in the new issue of Paleo Magazine about the Teen Girl Revolution, and
included some yummy recipes! What’s the Teen Girl Revolution, you ask?
It is all about us teen girls owning our confidence, strength, beauty, and health. We are tossing aside what the
media has taught us to do: compete with each other and judge ourselves. Instead, we are lifting each other up
and making our mark on this world as a powerful group of girls.
Get the issue of Paleo Magazine here, to learn more about the Teen Girl Revolution! And click here to find the
store closest to you that carries Paleo Magazine. If you get the issue, take a pic of yourself with it and tag
@teengirlrevolution in the photo on Instagram so I can see it!
Now, onto DONUTS!!!!!!!
These are so, so, so tasty and full of pumpkin-y goodness. They are the perfect autumn treat! Goodies Against
The Grain donuts are baked, not fried, and have a lovely texture- just like a cake donut. Also, they’re topped with
the most luscious glaze, made out of only four ingredients!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. And please leave a comment below, letting me know how you liked them 🙂 Have a great day, everyone!
Pumpkin Cake Donuts
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, or honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour/starch
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut cream (the thick white cream at the top of a can of coconut milk)
- 2 Tbs coconut butter/manna, melted
- 2 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Chopped walnuts, for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup and oil. Until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, spice, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, and stir until the mixture is smooth. Note: This batter will much thicker than cake batter.
- Spoon the mixture into your donut pan, filling each section up to the top, but not covering the holes. If your pan only holds six donuts at a time, just repeat this process after, for the remaining four donuts.
- Bake the donuts for 15-18 minutes. After letting them cool for 5 minutes, flip the pan upside-down, transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Repeat steps 5-6 with remaining batter.
- Stir together all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl, until it is shiny and smooth, and there are no lumps.
- To glaze the donuts: Have the smooth, round side of the donut facing down and dip it into the bowl of glaze. Repeat with each donut. Now, eat the remaining glaze with a spoon!
- Now sprinkle the tops of the donuts with chopped nuts (optional).
- Serve! Enjoy these delicious, delicious donuts with family and friends.
Goodies Against The Grain https://goodiesagainstthegrain.com/