Valentine’s Day is coming! The holiday of love, hearts, and chocolate. Did I mention chocolate? This obviously makes it the best holiday ever! Ever.
I mean, what says, “I love you” more than a basket of freshly baked paleo Raspberry-Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies? Basically nothing. Which is why you need to make these cookies ASAP. They are paleo and also just happen to be vegan as well!
They are rich, crisp, and chocolate-y, filled with a tart/sweet raspberry jam, and topped with delicious dark chocolate. They are ah-mazing. And suuuuuper addictive, so be careful!
Raspberry-Chocolate Sweetheart Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- scant ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temp
- Fruit-sweetened raspberry jam (I used the Trader Joes’ organic kind)
- ½ cup fair trade bittersweet chocolate chips
- In a food processor, pulse together the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Pulse in the wet until a smooth dough ball forms.
- Scoop round tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Space the balls about 1 ½ inches apart. Press your thumbprint gently into the center of the balls.
- Scoop ½ a teaspoon of jam into the center well of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- Now, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler over high heat, until smooth and melted. Let cool.
- Once both the cookies and the chocolate are cool, drizzle the chocolate over the cookies. (I did this using a ziplock baggie filled with the chocolate. Then I cut off a tiny piece of baggie from the corner, and used it as a piping bag for pretty chocolate design.)
- Let the chocolate set, then serve the cookies!
Goodies Against The Grain https://goodiesagainstthegrain.com/